The changes in internet marketing, search engine optimization and social media marketing are upon us again. For home care agencies who are turning to the internet to market their services, the odds of being able to go it alone today and be successful are less likely than ever. Google has made changes recently that affect searches, Facebook changes as the wind blows, and us?
Well with the creation of our Alzheimer’s Marketing Program, or continuously successful Ultimate Program and our video upgrades, we are busier than ever.
But what does that mean for the small business owner who’s trying to market correctly, make payroll, satisfy clients, satisfy employees, and just generally make it through the month? What it means is that you Mr and Mrs Small Business Owner (Home Care Agency Owner, Assisted Living Owner) need to reconsider where your marketing dollars are really headed.
Here are some marketing options that might be yesterday’s news in many markets:
1. Yellow Pages Ads. Spending a lot per month on this? What is your ROI? Eliminate it if it makes sense.
2. Newspaper Ads. Do they produce a ROI? Save newspaper ads for special events unless they work tremendously well for you in your market.
3. Post card mailings: If you can’t specifically target your audience with post card mailings, don’t do it.
4. Print newsletters? Questionable.
When it comes to marketing home care, or marketing assisted living what really works?
1. In-person networking at community events and organizations. Nothing will ever replace an in-person appearance. Must have.
2. Great communication with professional referral sources, another must have.
2. An undeniable NATURAL online presence and enough content that when someone “Googles” your busines or your name, they are blown away with the amount of great education you consistently provide your local community.
3. Interaction online with your local community. Participation is now required even on some low level.
4. Pay-Per-Click? Yep, it works, but it’s expensive and if not done correctly will provide dismal results.
What have we added?
– better videos (gorgeous and heartwarming)
– article marketing built in to our platform
– insanely researched SEO for each client
– content content content from every angle you can imagine.
– As usual, websites, mini sites, and landing pages of very size and shape.
What are we seeing in the market?
– Franchise corporate offices turning to companies like ours to help with a variety of issues for home care franchise owners and online marketing challenges.
– Too much high dollar bidding on Pay Per Click. (there is a cheaper way)
– Websites that are poorly designed and have had no search engine optimization done at all. Get help!
Good News: Big Changes
By predicting your search and showing results before you finish typing, Google Instant can save
2-5 seconds per search.
The top prediction is shown in grey text directly in the search box, so you can stop typing as soon as you see what you need.
Until now, you had to type a full search term, hit enter, and hope for the right results. Now results appear instantly, helping you see where you’re headed, every step of the way.
Google Local Business Listing is now Google Places:
Get your business ready for the holidays
Here are a few quick and easy ways Google Places can help your business make the most of this holiday season:
- Create a coupon highlighting holiday specials
- Link to a menu of holiday offers and prices
- Make your business listing stand out with Google Tags
- Update your holiday business hours
- Write a post to engage with your customers
If you or someone you know enjoys writing content based on elder care , home care, senior care, or assisted living, send them my way at [email protected]
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven, RN BSN, Editor in Chief of HomeCareDaily.com (see all)
- Massachusetts Push to Raise Wages for In-Home Care Workers - October 16, 2019
- Home Health Care Allows More Seniors to Remain Home, but Funding Remains Critical - October 9, 2019
- New Legislation Seeks to Make Home Care a More Appealing Career Option - October 3, 2019