What: Webinar: Paying the Bill: Talking to Home Care Clients About Money
When: Monday, April 24, 2:00 – 3:00 PM ET
Doug Lueder, CEO, Prosper Home Care
Mary Bell, Executive Director, National Aging in Place Council
Patty Wills, Certified Reverse Mortgage Professional
Registration: Register for Free
WASHINGTON (April 13, 2017) – Working with older home care clients, and their loved ones, to identify funding sources sometimes means looking beyond benefits, private insurance, and personal savings. One alternative for homeowners 62 and older is to convert a portion of their home equity into cash proceeds with a reverse mortgage loan. Clients can use their loan proceeds to pay for in-home care and other purposes that support aging in place.
To help explain how these loans work and can help your clients, the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association is presenting a free webinar on April 24th at 2:00 PM ET called, “Paying the Bill: Talking to Home Care Clients About Money.”
Speakers Doug Lueder, CEO of Prosper Home Care in Atlanta, GA; Marty Bell, Executive Director of the National Aging in Place Council; and Patty Wills, a Certified Reverse Mortgage Professional will:
- Share practical guidance for having conversations about money with clients – from the intake session to the tougher discussions when financial resources have been exhausted
- Describe situations and circumstances when a client could benefit from using home equity to pay for care and for other purposes
- Explain how reverse mortgages work, the features and responsibilities of the loan, and the consumer protections for borrowers and their spouses.
This webinar is being presented as part of NRMLA’s Reverse Mortgage Education Week outreach to professionals who work with older adults. Additional webinars will focus on using a reverse mortgage loan to pay for home modifications, purchase a new home, and support divorcees after a later-in-life divorce. NRMLA is also partnering with Next Avenue, the public media website for older adults, to host a live Q&A webinar with certified reverse mortgage professionals. Learn more on NRMLA’s website.
About the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association
The National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association (NRMLA) is the national voice for the industry and represents the lenders, loan servicers, credit unions, and housing counseling agencies responsible for more than 90 percent of reverse mortgage transactions in the United States. All NRMLA member companies commit themselves to a Code of Ethics & Professional Responsibility. Learn more at www.nrmlaonline.org.
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven, RN BSN, Editor in Chief of HomeCareDaily.com (see all)
- The Continuing Struggle to Navigate Legal Changes within the Home Care Sector - November 20, 2019
- Understanding Where Home Health Care Providers Get the Support They Need - November 15, 2019
- Medicaid Funding of Nursing Homes in New York Spell Opportunity for Home Care - November 6, 2019