Swift Shift Introduces Boost, A Re-Engagement Platform to Revitalize Home Healthcare Recruitment
Boost Connects Agencies to their Inactive Nurses and Caregivers to Address Industry-Wide Recruitment Pains in Home Healthcare
(January 23rd, 2018, New York, New York) – Swift Shift, a mobile-first workforce management platform for the home healthcare industry, is launching Boost – a recruitment solution for home healthcare agencies to address the nursing shortage. Boost helps agencies re-engage their inactive workforce with targeted, relevant cases, thereby shortening the recruitment funnel.
The U.S. is facing a critical nurse and caregiver shortage, with demand for nurses expected to reach 1.6 million by 2020, as an increase of geriatric and pediatric patients requiring care grows simultaneously. Recruiting new, qualified nurses is essential, but also expensive, costing up to $3,000 per each successful recruit.
By shifting the focus from job boards, digital ads, and other less targeted approaches to recruitment, Swift Shift’s Boost opens new pathways for agencies and nurses to connect based on value and relevance. 53% of the three billion dollars spent on recruitment in home healthcare is allocated to re-engage nurses and caregivers who have already been recruited, vetted, and hired and have since become inactive. This leaves only 47% of home healthcare recruitment budgets attributing to net growth.
Lack of transparency about case allocation and long recruitment processes account for 50% of the drop off in candidates. Through Boost, nurses and caregivers now discover available cases according to their work preferences, skill set, available hours, and location. Convenience and earnings are maximized for applicants with faster approval times through on-demand, in-app applications.
“We spent two years studying the recruitment metrics and challenges of Home Healthcare agencies and another year building a platform that delivers both what nurses and caregivers are looking for and also increases the productivity of recruiters,” said Assaf Shalvi, CEO and Founder of Swift Shift. “The best operators in the Home Healthcare market realize that their growth is dependent on their ability to hire and retain staff. Boost is a tool that is built to deliver exactly that.”
Value for Home Healthcare Agencies
Swift Shift Boost reduces recruitment costs and increases nurse lifetime value by:
- Decreasing time spent screening applicants and higher conversions with targeted cases to relevant candidates
- Shortening recruitment funnel with rich, pre-vetted profiles that include experience, rating, certifications and endorsements
- Reducing “bench time” once application is complete with one click approvals leading to work assignments in less than 24 hours
- Longer tenures/higher retention of nurses with features such as in-app chat, multiple case application and management
- Real-time operational data insights empower agencies to make data driven operational decisions
- 100% success based recruitment tool is the first and only pay for performance model in the industry
Value for Nurses and Caregivers
Boost creates a meaningful engagement for nurses and caregivers by:
- Reducing travel time and expenses with location-based technology
- Enabling nurses and caregivers to control their work schedule from a mobile-app
- Offering in-app messaging to streamline communication with agencies
- Empowering nurses and caregivers to apply for jobs that they actually want
About Swift Shift
Swift Shift, a HIPAA-compliant workforce recruitment and management platform for home healthcare enterprises, connects home healthcare providers with qualified caregivers and nurses to address the national nursing shortage. With real-time digital communications between provider and their staff, Swift Shift is pioneering mobile-first solutions to revolutionize recruitment and management processes in home health. Swift Shift’s nurse-facing mobile app, leverages cloud technology to offer home healthcare field staff control over the visits they apply for from the palm of their hand. Swift Shift clients include BAYADA Home Health Care, Interim HealthCare, Aveanna Healthcare, and more. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneur and Swift Shift CEO, Assaf Shalvi, the company has raised $5.7 million in funding. Swift Shift is headquartered in New York City. Learn more about Swift Shift here.
Latest posts by Valerie VanBooven, RN BSN, Editor in Chief of HomeCareDaily.com (see all)
- Nursing Home Staffing Issues in Maine Highlight the Need for More Home Care Workers - August 17, 2018
- Home Health Care Worker Sentenced for Stealing Items from Client - August 16, 2018
- Home Health Care Agency Owner Convicted of Defrauding MassHealth - August 15, 2018